Thursday, November 13, 2008

Day 23.. Gimme A Break

I'm not sure if what happened this afternoon was really considered a break or if it was just a dumb move on my part. I allowed myself some sweets and of course I took it to another level. Although food is not the same as drugs I really do feel like I had a temporary relapse. I don't think cookies, well more than one big double tree cookie, was in the plan nor should it have been but hey, I must move on! Don't dwell in the past right? Now, I can certainly learn from the past and I will, I have but I have to keep going.

Today is a new day! With each new day I have another chance, so here's to another chance!

3 comments:

Mandy939 said...

I do the SAME thing! If I cheat - then i think - hey, I already cheated let's go for broke! However- a friend said- if you get a flat tire- do you poke holes in the rest of the tires? Or do you fix the flat and drive away??

M. Akamau said...

Good point, Mandy! Sandy...you are doing well by just moving forward. We can't dwell on the past. Just think of how far you've come. I always think that once you're on the road to doing well, it's easy to STAY on that road. Once you break the pattern, it starts getting tough. So hang in there, girlie!

Sandy said...

Im hanging in there and yes you are right mandy. well put!